Wednesday, October 01, 2008

pHinnWeb Chart October 2008...




... can be found here.

As you can see, most of these are still library records; many of which I just check out of curiosity. For example, the Quatermass record had an intriguing sleeve image, so I had to find out what that was all about. It was quite Emerson, Lake & Palmer type of prog rock; well-made stuff in its own style, but not quite my own thing. So, maybe all of these are not exactly my own big favourites; the chart only being a sort of log what I've been listening to every month. Of course there would be more
12"s and current electronic stuff if I only had money to invest in them these days (Stereolab and Sparks CDs are actually the only record store purchases I've made in a long time, and Kelpe being a DC Recordings promo CD), and I haven't been DJing in ages, really, so getting huge amounts of new vinyl doesn't feel as relevant now as it used to be.

No comments: